Competition Is Growing
- Over the last four years, the number of applicants to medical school has increased astronomically.
- There were 46,591 applicants for the class entering medical school in the fall.
- And while the number of candidates continues to rise, the availability of medical school positions remains pretty steady.
- That means that there are close to three times as many applicants as there are slots. The bottom line:
present environment for getting into medical school is as competitive as
has ever been.
- To be a successful applicant, you need to play by the rules.
- You must put your best foot forward -- first on paper, then in person.
- The more you understand about the application process, the more time and care you dedicate (both in research and preparation) to this process, the better your chances of gaining admission.
- Think about it! If youve spent countless hours studying organic chemistry in order to get into medical school, you can definitely spend some time researching the admissions process.